1. Le Clos Basque. 00 33 5 59 24 43 84. Tucked away local restaurant with small courtyard. Excellent local cuisine. Need to book.
2. Bistrot des halles. 00 33 5 59 24 21 86. Next to the market. In the summer evenings the road is closed to traffic and the restaurants take over. Low key. A good friendly local option.
3. Blue Cargo. 00 33 5 59 23 54 87. Beach Restaurant/Club- Serves dinner on the terrace and at around midnight the bar section on the beach below turns into a nightclub. Ten minutes out of town (taxi) or a 30 minute walk. Good fun. Open April to September.
4. Chez Albert. 00 33 5 59 24 43 84. Down in the fishing port. Excellent seafood. Moderately expensive. A treat. Need to book.
5. Hotel du Palais. Overlooking the Grand Plage this is definitely one for a special occassion. Somewehere to take the parents and then get them to pay.
1. Bar Jean. Tapas bar next to market. popular with locals- busy and fun.
2. Cote 57. Bar- Cote des Basques. Grab a deckchair and watch the sun go down and the surfers at work.
3. RadissonBlu Hotel. Rooftop bar/cafe with swimming pool above Cote des Basques. Relax on a sofa overlooking the Biarritz rooftops while the kids play in the pool.
4. Le Caritz. Bar. On the Rue du Port Vieux also has roof terrace with sea views.
5. Puig et Daro. Wine bar and tapas. A vast selection of wine sold by the glass and great tapas.
With literally hudreds of bars and restaurants to choose from here are some recommendations to get you started...